Oh no. I’m positively Tartan mad. I want tartan on my spare bedroom headboard, appliquéd scottie dogs and highland cattle on cushions, vintage wool blankets – hell, I’m even suggesting tartan on commissions and am currently popping some on some arms of a club chair for a client.
1. Some of my vintage tartan pieces and a lovely tartan blanket I picked up recently
2. A little Scottie Dog appliqué. I’m going to do a highland cow too.
3. Club Chair for antiques client – this is for sale if you are interested.
Perhaps it’s the move into Autumn, or a reflection of my heritage (my Dad was Scottish – from Dumfries), or perhaps its looking at too many cosy lounges in Homes and Antiques and piled up throws on pinterest – who knows. All I know is I need a bit of tartan in my life right now.
4. Me, age 4, in my stewart print trousers holding my favourite cockerel (of course).
5. A picture of a tartan chair from a restaurant I was in in Lymington last week.