Oh London, how I adore your Christmassy lights and festive feel in December. I just love Christmas time in London.
For a few years now my Mum and two sisters have met for the weekend over my Mums birthday and stayed in the gorgeous Covent Garden Hotel on Monmouth Street.
1. The Covent Garden Hotel on Monmouth Street, London
Kit Kemp’s design style is a mixture of textures and patterns. In our room I counted florals, batiks, tweed and linens. Kemp takes a particular interest in upholstery and much of her furniture has unusual colour contrasts, brading, buttons or decorative tacks.
2. Some of the gorgeous upholstery in the Covent Garden Hotel
3. Cosy fire in drawing room at the Covent Garden Hotel, London
If you were looking for more of a high street version of her style I would say its not unlike some of the beautiful things you can find in Anthropologie.
When we weren’t in the hotel bar sipping cocktails, we wondered down Monmouth Street to the Monmouth Coffee Company for an almond croissant and latte, then on to the V&A for the morning and lunch in the William Morris designed café. Afterwards we taxied back to Covent Garden to amble the lanes, and then on to see the fabulous Clare Teal at the Pizza Express Jazz Club on Dean Street. Currently listening to her Christmassy album now getting me all excited for the days ahead.
4. The beautiful V&A Museum, London
5. Some of the antique fabrics on show at the V&A, London
6. Some of the antique furniture at the V&A, London
7. Clare Teal at the Pizza Express Jazz Club, London (LOVING the tartan suit!)
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Upholsterers, Customers, Clients and whoever else may happen upon this little blog.